Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Snarkin on teh Interwebs crazies

Goodness knows they are in vast supply. From all those people who try to accomplish something but fail miserably, to those with an interesting "personal style" who love shopping at the smiley face store, to those who are just bat guano crazy from birth. I loves me some Interwebs crazies.

One of my current favorites is a looney tune who wallows in poverty and is proud of it. If you read about fundies at all, I'm sure you've heard of her. If you don't, all you need to tell Google is that she lives on a ridiculously small amount of money per month. Like less than $1000. And makes everything from scratch. Including flour-and-water paste noodles ("gloodles", if I may borrow the term), tin can crockpot bread, and sody pop (COKE, for those of us who live in the South) made from sugar and kefir pee-pee. Mr. Snarky would boot me out of Wonderland if I tried some of that mess. And rightly so.

I do enjoy reading snarky sites about her. I thoroughly disagree with how she has chosen to raise her children. On that point, she is quite clear: they *choose* to live as they do. Which is fine for two consenting adults. Your grown-up body, your life. The jury is still out on whether her hubby is capable of choosing that life for himself. But children who certainly cannot choose a deliberately poverty-stricken life bereft of nutrition should not be forced to. I know she has her defenders, but if she really cared or was overly hurt by what the Snarkies say, she wouldn't put all that mess on teh Interwebs for all the world to see.

So go Google the craziness that is she of the Wonder Wash and Star Trek. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Whaddaya think? There is some debate that the site is fake, because it was a big money-maker for her. OTOH, I'm unsure if you can fake that level of crazy. One thing's for sure-I hope if it is real, her husband, mother, or *someone* steps in and makes sure those kids are properly cared for.

What are your favorite sites to snark on? Lemme know, I'm always up for some snarkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment