Saturday, May 21, 2011

So we're still here.

As expected by most people with half a brain. I did find a cute picture related to the Rapture:



But if Jesus came today, he'd miss tomorrow's breakfast/brunch. I'm going to attempt these: Crispy and Creamy doughnuts. C(K)rispy and C(Kreme)reamy. Get it? I am such a fool for Krispy Kremes. I really shouldn't have any, since I am still trying to lose weight (seven lbs to go.) But. I can only make a FEW of these. I have to either buy an entire dozen KK or drive to the KK store to buy smaller quantities. The latter is the better option, not only for eliminating leftovers that beg to be stuffed into my face, but for freshness as well. However, it also adds time and GAS MONEY to the total expense incurred by my doughnut quest. If these are close to being just as good, I'm sold.

The amount seems to be really off on the recipe, though, especially if you use something smaller than a doughnut cutter to cut them out. Which I will do, because I don't own a doughnut cutter. Because I've never made doughnuts before. Reviewers have said halving the recipe yields two dozen doughnuts or that dropping the servings to four makes six doughnuts and six holes. I might go with five servings, because that requires 1/2 an egg and that's a good round number. I'll let you know how it goes, readers. Both of you. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment