Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sis Boom Jamie bodice and skirt

Today, I monkeyed with the skirt some more. I ended up cutting 10" off each side before I was halfway happy with it. I think I accidently cut the skirt for a large too, like the bodice. I am a medium, but Sara at Sew Sweetness recommended cutting the bodice and waistband one size larger than normal. Since the kids, my cups runneth over, so it's a very good thing I took her advice there. But I think I extended the advice to the skirt by mistake.

Mr. Snarky and my mom both claim that the way it is now does not make my butt look gargantuan. I trust the female opinion in such matters a bit more than the male, but since I got one opinion from each gender and they match, I guess it's all good.

I nearly slit my wrist with a straight pin while trying on the pinned-up dress one of the times before I sewed it. Actually, it's on the back of my wrist and it's pretty shallow, just a scratch. Hurt like the dickens, though. Next up is installing the zipper.

Wanna see the dress so far? Sure you do!



And you should appreciate this picture, because I stood on my bed to take it. With the ceiling fan on. Hoping I didn't do a Franny in the alternate ending of "Dawn of the Dead." ROMERO's "Dawn of the Dead." Not the new one with fast zombies. It's not a terrible flick on its own, but the original is vastly superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment